Hangman Hill – North Stonington
- Hangman Hill Preserve
- Hangman Hill Road, North Stonington, CT
- Trailhead: 41°27’9.76″N, 71°51’16.13″W
- Last Time Hiked: March 4, 2017
- Approximate distance hiked: 0.5 miles
- Easy with some elevation.
This preserve offers a short, blue blazed loop trail of just about a half mile that climbs up and back down a small hill. The property, directly across the street from 80 Hangman Hill Road, also has a small stream that you cross on a small boardwalk. The stone walls, however, are stunning as they wind up and down the hill. At the time of this visit it was a blistering 15 degrees in early March and there was not much to see of flora. A fellow hiker (Auntie Beak) had visited the property in the past and noted some of the springtime flora. Though short, the property would be nice to visit if in the area.