Middletown Northern Loop – Middletown
- Middletown Northern Loop – Sakonnet Greenway
- Mitchells Lane, Middletown, RI
- Trailhead: 41°32’5.34″N, 71°15’55.26″W
- Last Time Hiked: April 3, 2017
- Approximate distance hiked: 1.7 miles
- Fairly easy.
Part of the Sakonnet Greenway Trails, the Middletown Northern Loop abuts Albro Woods, which is also the best access to the loop. The green blazed trail winds around the edges of several open fields. The loop trail is mostly grass paths, much like the Southern Loop, and is flanked in several areas by thick brush. Several birds can be spotted here including the red winged blackbird. Most of the trail is well blazed, however small section that runs right along East main Road is not. The well mowed paths are easy enough to follow though.
Trail maps can be found at: Middletown Northern Loop