- Blackstone River Gorge – Blackstone River & Canal Heritage State Park
- County Street, Blackstone, MA
- Trailhead: 42° 0’54.97″N, 71°33’9.25″W
- Last Time Hiked: March 2, 2013
- Approximate distance hiked: 0.75 mile
- Easy with some slight elevation and optional climbing.
The gorge is mostly in Rhode Island although access is only from Massachusetts, and yes, it is in fact a gorge. There is a dam here just before the gorge that made for a couple good pictures. A couple of swans seem to have claimed the area as theirs. The hike is relatively short, just over a mile at most, but the terrain can be a little tricky if you decide to climb any of the rocks. There is one spot that overlooks the gorge that is about 70 feet above the river. A beautiful spot to relax and take in the beauty of the surroundings. Do not get too close to the edge here. Overall, a nice little hike.
Trail map can be found at: Blackstone River Gorge