- Brookside Conservation Area
- American Legion Highway, Westport, MA
- Trailhead: 41°38’2.24″N, 71° 3’48.68″W
- Last Time Hiked: July 19, 2014
- Approximate distance hiked: 0.6 miles
- Easy, however trail is rocky and narrow.
The aptly named Brookside Conservation Area was the first of five short hikes that myself and a fellow hiker would do this morning. We set out from the parking area first passing a small field on the right before heading into the woods. The trail then turns right and follows the bank of the Bread And Cheese Brook. The brook is scattered with boulders and in some areas the water runs quickly over the rocks. The trail, a single in and out, is narrow in many spots with several rocks and roots. Be sure to watch your footing here.
Trail map can be found at: Brookside.