- DelCarte Conservation Area
- Pleasant Street, Franklin, MA
- Trailhead: 42° 5’52.53″N, 71°22’51.40″W
- Last Time Hiked: December 30, 2015
- Approximate distance hiked: 1.4 miles
There are three blazed trails here that traverse the woods around the Franklin Reservoirs. The trails, green, red, and blue, are very well marked and there is an informational kiosk at almost every trail intersection. There is also a very interesting and unique floating bridge that crosses one of the water bodies. The trails wind through areas of thick pine groves and there are some small hills. There were several swans and geese here. At the spillways of the dams are small waterfalls. There is also a boat ramp for kayaks and canoes as well as a playground and picnic area. This is a great location for kids and/or beginners. For more information go to Easy Walks in Massachusetts.