- Mill Pond Preserve
- South County Trail, Charlestown, RI
- Trailhead: 41°23’21.72″N, 71°38’22.01″W
- Last Time Hiked: December 21, 2015
- Approximate distance hiked: 1.6 miles
- Moderate due to terrain and navigation.
Tucked away at the end of a long driveway is another Charlestown Land Trust property. There are three main trails on the property. The yellow blazed trail leaves the parking area to the south and makes it way down to the southern end of Mill Pond by the busy Route 1. There are several spur trails along it. Just beyond the gate by the house the red and blue trails head east. The red trail crosses a stream by a small wooden dam of the former trout hatchery. It then travels up and down small hills before crossing a stream and ending at the blue trail. The blue trail starts by the house, passes the red trail and ends at the properties border with the Nature Conservancy. I did a little over a mile and a half while exploring the property.