- Olivia’s Forest
- Ridge Road, Smithfield, RI
- Trailhead: 41°53’23.81″N, 71°29’43.28″W
- Last Time Hiked: December 27, 2014
- Approximate distance hiked: 0.8 miles
- Fairly easy with some elevation.
This Smithfield Land Trust property has just been recently blazed and mapped by members of the Rhode Island Land Trust Council. The green trail starts at a small parking area along Ridge Road. We followed the green trail into the property until we reached the orange loop trail. The loop trail crosses a babbling brook twice on some new wooden bridges. After doing the loop we retraced our steps back out to the parking area. The property, small and wedged between two neighborhoods, is a rather pristine spot and a great addition to the Smithfield Land Trust trails.
Trail map can be found at: Olivias Forest.