- Rocky Hill Conservation Area
- Rocky Hill Road, North Smithfield, RI
- Trailhead: 41°56’51.33″N, 71°31’39.63″W
- Last Time Hiked: November 16, 2015
- Approximate distance hiked: 0.7 miles
- Fairly easy will some elevation.
Although short in distance, this trail offers quite a bit. The trail head is opposite number 382 Rocky Hill Road and is marked with a sign. The yellow blazed trail passes stone walls and crosses small streams. After climbing over the steepest hill on the property the trail then crosses another stream and splits. The remainder of the trail is a loop that leads back to this point. After doing the loop retrace your steps back to the road. I saw several types of birds here and a few chipmunks. At the time of this hike the leaves were all but off of the trees and covering the rocky trail. Watch your footing.
Trail map can be found at: Rocky Hill