- Merrill S. Whipple Conservation Area
- Washington Seconday Trail, Coventry, RI
- Trailhead: 41°41’30.25″N, 71°33’14.18″W
- Last Time Hiked: August 23, 2014
- Approximate distance hiked: 1.7 miles
This conservation area off of the Washington Secondary Trail in Coventry is a fairly large parcel that hugs the shore of the Pawtuxet River. There is a network of unmarked trails that meander through areas of oaks and pines. In areas the ground is covered with ferns. There are a couple spots that you can view the river. One of the trails leads to a nearby cemetery with graves dating back to the 1800’s.
I did not find a trail map on-line.