- Peter Randall Reservation
- Smithfield Road, North Providence, RI
- Trailhead: 41°52’5.29″N, 71°28’19.15″W
- Last Time Hiked: June 21, 2013
- Approximate distance hiked: 1 mile
- Easy with slight elevation.
The Peter Randall Reservation is a former state park that is now owned by the Town of North Providence. At one time it was used for a picnic area. Now it is a series of abandoned asphalt and gravel roads with some side trails used mainly by locals and geocachers. It is nicely wedged into a suburban neighborhood and is slightly reminiscent of Neutaconkanut Hill in Providence, but on a much smaller scale. I did not follow any particular route as this was more of an exploration hike. I do believe I covered just about the mile of trails in the reservation. There is a small parking area on Smithfield Road.
I did not find a trail map online for this location.