- Senator Donald E. Roch River Walk at Riverpoint Park/Jaycee Arboreatum
- Hay Street, West Warwick, RI
- Trailhead: 41°42’59.94″N, 71°30’52.28″W
- Last Time Hiked: August 23, 2014
- Approximate distance hiked: 1.2 miles
- Easy with slight elevation.
Riverpoint Park is a recreation complex in West Warwick. It has several ball fields as well as basketball courts. There is also a river walk here. Parking by the Tim O’Brien field, the trailhead is just to the right of the field. It starts as an asphalt walk (which is known as the Jaycee corridor and arboretum) before passing under a trellis. From here the trail heads downhill and turns eventually into a dirt path. The trail then winds along the Pawtuxet River to the right through areas of woods and fields. Occasionally there are spots to view the river. Along this trail there is an interesting structure. It is the remains of an abutment. This was once part of a railroad bridge that crossed the river. The main trail then passes to the right of a pavilion before winding uphill to a parking area. From here my fellow hiker and I weaved our way through the parking lots back to the car.
I did not find a trail map on-line.